Roughout Fitted Radio Strap
Please understand, we use only Full Grain Leather for all of our leather tools. With Roughout you may see imperfections that we think look cool (i.e. barb wire scratches, cow branding, or other imperfections) This is part of of the custom build.
Roughout Leather can NOT be Stamped. Laser Engraving is the only option to add names.
GET RID OF BUCKLES AND LEATHER FLOPPING TAILS!
Light Smoke Hardware
Stitching is FREE!
1 Color Paint is FREE!
Laser Work = ONE paint color! (Laser work can add 2-3 weeks to build time)
Comes standard with: Mic Tab, Cord Keeper AND Anti Sway Strap! (HT Holder is sold separately)
2nd Cord Keeper = is located at the front bottom of your strap to keep the cord next to your radio.
Mag Light Ring = is a 2 inch ring that can hold your mag light flashlight. Has also ben used to hold a SEARAT Tool
90 Degree Light Holder = designed to hold lights like pelican Big Ed and Little Ed 90, Streamlight Survivor
Flash Light Holder Custom = email pictures of your flash light firstname.lastname@example.org
Pen Holder = sewn on the front inside of your strap to keep your pen from snagging and coming out.
When most Firefighters purchase a radio strap they adjust it to where they like to wear it at and never adjust it again. We have seen our guys use Duct Tape, Zip Ties and many other creative things to keep the buckles from coming apart. We recommend following the sizing directions and get rid of Radio Strap Buckles!
- Take a piece of webbing, string or rope over your head and shoulder, bring two ends together at your hip where you want the strap to end and attach to your radio holster. When doing this stand up straight for best measurements results. Take a tape measure record the length in inches. Please note this measurement on the comment box during your check out.
- Take a second measurements from where the two ends meet at your hip to your collarbone. This measurement will determine where you would like your radio mic clip to be positioned. Please note this measurement on the comment box during your check out.
- Take a 3rd measurement from the bottom of the back of the webbing, string, rope or your old strap to your waist. This measurement will be for your Anti Sway Strap Location. We want this to be at your waist level. 6- 8 inches below is the norm we are seeing. (This means your overall strap length should hang around 6-8 inches below you waist. SEE MEASUREMENT #1) This will keep your HT Holder hanging below your turnout jacket for easy access during Fire Operations.
Black Smoke Design
- NO Buckles
- 10-12 oz Full Grain Leather
- Sewn from end to end including all added options to help prevent stretching and to add strength. (no short cuts)
- All hand set copper rivets for strength. (no splash rivets or Chicago screws to hold hardware together) Rivets are set flush in the back so not to snag on your gear or uniform.
- Leather loops are set in the front of our Fitted Radio Straps to avoid snag hazard on the back of your strap.
- No need to use a leather backer or liner! (Our leather does not bleed dye onto your gear or uniform. Some have to use calf skin or pig skin)
Black Smoke Leather Tools are all Designed for a one reason, to Work as hard as YOU do.